You have selected free tutorial of the Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) :
77-418: Word 2013 Core Topics : Create and Manage Documents :
Create a document •Creating new blank documents, creating new documents using templates, importing files, opening non-native files directly in Word, opening a PDF in Word for editing
MS Word 2013 – Unser Interface
Open and Close Word: When you start Word 2013 from the desktop icon, the screen will appear as shown in Figure 1. From this screen, you can decide to open a document that you have used recently, open a blank document or use one of the templates available. If you always want to open a blank document, choose File > Options > General and uncheck Show the start screen when this application starts.
When you open a blank document, your screen will be displayed similar to Figure below:
The Quick Access Toolbar:
The Quick Access Toolbar is always visible. It is a way of quickly accessing commonly used commands without having to go to a particular tab. When you start Word you are given a standard set of commands but you can change what appears on the Quick Access Toolbar.
The ribbon is made up of tabs, groups and commands. We will discuss the contents of each tab as we work through this book. Click on any tab to see the commands for that tab.
- To hide the ribbon either:
- Double click on the Tab Name, e.g. Home.
- Ctrl > F1 will minimize or restore the Ribbon
- Click the up arrow on the right hand side of the ribbon.
- To restore the ribbon either
- Double click on the tab name again to display the ribbon.
- Press Ctrl > F1
- Extra tabs may be added to the ribbon by Office depending on what you do. For example, inserting a picture will add a Format tab to the ribbon.
- Click the arrow at the bottom of a group to get more options if you need them.
- Key Tips. Press Alt on the keyboard to make the new keyboard shortcuts appear. You press the key for the tab you wish to appear, then the key for the command. For example Alt N P will insert a picture.
Minimize, Maximize, Help:
On the right hand side of the screen you will find the standard minimize, maximize, close buttons together with Help.
Create a document
creating new documents using templates
opening non-native files directly in Word
opening a PDF in Word for editing
Your Salary Above $ 66000... Click ...
Ohh! You want More.... be game developer of your choice $ 102000 ....