You have selected free tutorial of the Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) :
98-349: MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals : Module 4: Managing Applications, Services, Folders, and Libraries :
Removing or Uninstalling an Application
Uninstalling a program is analogous to what we called
"removing" a program in earlier versions of Windows.
Changing a program enables you to make changes to the
functionality and features of the program, such as installing
Microsoft Access from the Microsoft Office CD if you didn’t
install that program previously. Repairing a program enables
you to repair any problems you’re having with a program,
such as a word processing program not saving files.
Programs and Features performs most of the same tasks for Windows 7 that the Add or Remove
Programs applet performed for Windows XP. However, there is no provision for installing programs
with Programs and Features. Because this feature was hardly used in Add or Remove Programs, its
absence in Programs and Features is no great loss. The major functions of Programs and Features
• Changing or uninstalling existing programs
• Viewing installed updates
• Enabling or disabling Windows features
many programs come with their own installation (Setup) programs that handle all the
details of installation, such as file copying, making Registry additions, making file associations, and
adding items to the Start menu. An ever-growing number of applications even provide their own
uninstall routine, which appears as a unique icon within their Start menu folder. But sometimes
programs do not come with built-in uninstallers, or you just want Windows to handle these uninstalls.
To uninstall software, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features.
2. Select the program you want uninstalled or changed.
3. Click the Uninstall button on the toolbar.
4. The Programs and Features dialog box appears, asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall the
program. Click Yes.
5. UAC will ask for administrator confirmation if this uninstall is correct. Enter the password, if
necessary, and select Yes to the confirmation. The software will uninstall automatically.
Your Salary Above $ 66000... Click ...
Ohh! You want More.... be game developer of your choice $ 102000 ....